You see the title, you are thinking what the heck is the witch talking about today while stirring her cauldron? No Halloween tips yet. Hmmm, though I would be most happy giving those, as its the greatest time of the year!
Today I am curious about what tips and tricks you use that help you get through depression, PTSD and chronic illness, any illness. I have been relooking at all of my tips, the way I deal with it and am curious on others. Maybe there is something I could learn or try that might be a huge benefit to me or me to you.
Here are my top ones.
- I juice, I do this when I am getting weak and need assistance and energy. (I use to do it daily). I also use a beet juice recovery drink that helps me bounce back it actually tastes great.
- I use compression socks when my mobility is challenged and when travelling. Just a quick note they are bright fuschia, and help my legs recover. I need an orange pair next! Oh, and then blue!
- I cry and laugh and let myself acknowledge the feelings, I try my best to not let my self critic judge me, sometimes easier said than done.
- I use Japanese mint on my muscles, and when I don’t have it, or have run out I use A535 and feel like I am a Golden Girl when I head to work. Now I need some jasmine perfume. Just saying one of my favourite shows!
- I walk, it needs to be out of town at times, so I can write the stories in my head and feel free, no sounds but leaves crunching, twigs snapping and hearing our own breath or the dog panting as she plays out quickly. As I look her breed up, yup doesn’t like much activity, that explains everything.
- I bend into downward dog all the time to loosen my shoulders and try to keep my neck in place. It’s quite the story of damage, from a make shift hurdle, a saw horse and a fall.
- While standing you may see me moving into a Tai Chi movement, or another method, to keep circulation flowing. In the morning I need to do them, as I look like a crab going down the stairs, it’s quite comical.
- I aim to get a monthly massage, I have to, or I seize up and cannot walk. She is so good to me, she knows how to have my muscles respond and I feel like after it, I need a cigarette or a drink. If I am really tense, I have a drink before I go and Mr. Jones takes me, occasionally two. It helps me relax faster and she can get into the muscle quicker and more efficiently without me constantly tensing up. Yes, sometimes my appointment is at 9 am, so just add baileys to the coffee! It truly is 5 o’clock somewhere!
- Meditation, reflection and just absolute silence at times are golden.
- I laugh a lot, did I mention that? A bit of a prankster and feel the weight lift from laughing, or I call it a roar. I let it all out. Throw the head back and laugh from the bottom of your diaphragm.
- I make big sighs when no one is around and then shake myself up some. Just making sure all my jiggly parts are still there!
- I squeeze and kiss the face of that great big wrinkle dog and yell she’s so fluffy!
- When I can’t shop or go out, I watch fun movies, lots of happy ones, just saying, Princess Diaries is at the top of my list, as my girl and I watched it so many times. I shop online adding everything I like, making little wish lists (no purchasing, as I am not in the correct frame of mind) I also just lay there at times, listening to the fan and sleep. Sleep is a saviour.
- I have mountains of books to read and keep them close by. I always love a good murder mystery or a good love story.
- I splurge on new pyjamas, to make me feel better, and new slippers. I am usually in them as soon as I get home from work. I am like Bruce Almighty, I think my massage lady thinks the same too when I get in there!
- The biggest, I try to not make too many plans, I try to make some small ones, but not every evening or weekend, I give myself space and try to look at what I choose to do, and not do them because of duty.
This is the time I look after me, me completely. I dream, I journal and I drink a lot of tea. I have quite the selection of loose tea. Investment here is great, throw some in your cauldron or you can hold a great cup in your hand and look out the window day dreaming. Great dreams, can become a reality.
Love always, the cauldron stirring, tea toting, Woman in Process
P.S looking back, I talk a lot about drinking! Yup that’s me! I found this witch from http://www.theholidaybarn.com she has my name! I may have to order myself one. Check her out.
The crazy witch is now on Instagram.